Friday 26 April 2013

Tito Vilanova says

             
Vilanova replaced Pep Guardiola as manager in June 2012, having previously worked as his assistant.However, they are on the verge of being knocked out of the Champions League at the semi-final stage following their 4-0 first-leg defeat by Bayern Munich in Germany on Tuesday night. I feel with desire and strength I want to continue," said Vilanova, who has a contract with the club until 2014.During his absence, assistant coaches Jordi Roura and Aureli Altimira took charge of first-team affairs.If ever I get two days off, I don't know what to do. This job is not a burden to me and the doctors told me that the best thing I could do was to work.Barcelona won eight of their 13 competitive matches while Vilanova was away but were knocked out of the Copa del Rey by Real Madrid in February.The 44-year-old had surgery in December 2012 and spent 10 weeks in New York this year to have chemotherapy and radiotherapy before returning in March.The Catalan side are 13 points clear of rivals Madrid in La Liga with six games to go and likely to claim their 22nd Spanish title.

No comments:

Post a Comment