Tuesday 30 April 2013

Fernandes fumes

           
Fernandes, who confirmed on Monday that Redknapp would stay on as manager for the Championship campaign ahead, has bit his tongue all year about the team's poor performances, but let rip at the players who he thinks have let the club down badly.It's an alien concept to me that someone takes someone's salary, doesn't put 100 per cent in, thinks: 'Oh, we lost. No big deal. What club are we going to tonight?' That is an alien concept to me.Bosingwa received the brunt of criticism from fans for smiling and laughing following the final whistle at the Madejski Stadium despite his team's relegation.And I am someone who has dealt with success and dealt with disappointment. But there is nothing I have gone through that is as disappointing as losing a football game.It was probably the low point for me when I saw the reaction of some of the players Fernandes continued. "It has shocked me because it is something that is alien to me.He added: It's heartbreaking for me when we lose. I don't want to go out, I just want to stay at home.Whatever I have done as a job, for whoever has hired me, I put in 150 per-cent. It's in my character. If I am taking someone else's money, then I am going to work bloody hard for that person.

No comments:

Post a Comment