Tuesday 30 April 2013

Harry Redknapp to remain

            
Harry will not be forced to sell any players he wants to keep. We had a very good discussion on this.It was a difficult job here, let's not kid ourselves," added Redknapp. "I walked into Tottenham when they were bottom of the League but any fool could have got them off the bottom because they had fantastic players. They were just in a position after eight games they shouldn't have been in. It was farcical how they were there.Redknapp said leaving QPR had not crossed his mind despite what he called a "disaster" of a season.I walked into QPR and I don't think anybody could have got them out of the mess they were in - whether it was Alex Ferguson or Jose Mourinho. That's my honest opinion. So it was a difficult job and it will be just as difficult next year to get back into the Premiership.That was never a question. The chairman wants me to stay and I'm happy here," he told BBC Radio 5 live. "It's a good club. I work for smashing people and I want to try to get the club back up next year - that's my ambition.We'll give it a real go in the summer and see if we can find a couple of players who can change everything around at the club, change the attitude of the club and get the right types of people in and give it a real go but it won't be easy.Redknapp took over the manager's role from Mark Hughes last November, with QPR bottom of the division having taken only four points from 12 games.I haven't said it throughout the season because it wasn't right to be said, but it hurt me when I saw some of the players who didn't feel the way I felt.The former Tottenham boss, who added striker Loic Remy for £8m and £12.5m centre-back Christopher Samba to the expensively assembled squad in January, had managed to guide the Hoops to just four league wins prior to Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment