Thursday 25 April 2013

Stoke quit claims

               
We sat there for three or four hours chatting away about everything, and he never mentioned anything about whether I was leaving or not," said Pulis.For seven and a half years at this football club, I don't think I've done too badly, and I don't think the club has done too badly either.If I was going to walk away then I would have told him by now, and I certainly didn't mention anything about walking away.Everything is instant. Everybody wants results, results and results, and if you don't get them I understand.This football club has been absolutely fantastic to me. The Coates family are wonderful, wonderful people to work for.I'm big enough and experienced to know if you don't get results in this job then there is pressure on you, and you have to deal with that pressure.My respect for them goes a lot further than just closing a door and walking away.But even if Pulis keeps Stoke in the Premier League for a sixth consecutive season, there has been speculation that his job at the Britannia Stadium is not as secure as it has always been.People who know me know I'm not somebody who just walks off into the sunset.There is still work to be done and other areas that can be improved," he added. "I hope I'm the man to do it, but it comes down to the Coates family and myself getting together and talking about it.Launching a vigorous defence of himself, given the criticism that has flowed over a wretched second half of the season he said: "At a club like ours you can have good times and bad times in the Premier League.

No comments:

Post a Comment