Monday 20 May 2013

Newcastle can bounce back

           
  It's good to know those lessons have been learned and will be taken on board by everybody.Then [Lukas] Podolski came through one-on-one and smashed it between my legs and pulled me right out of it, I couldn't get emotional after that.Hopefully we can build this club back up into the top half and pushing towards European football.It was a great day, a send-off that was much appreciated although I don't think I'm worthy of a send-off like that.A total of 19 years and 11 months of service, and 199 first-team appearances, came to an end for Harper with Sunday's 1-0 defeat by Arsenal.The high point of his final appearance was the 37th-minute round of applause from supporters, in recognition of his squad number.It was incredible, I said to the lads if I had half the ability of some of the players in there then things might have been different.It was] a little bit emotional, the 37th minute got to me, I was all right up to then but that was tough," Harper said.

No comments:

Post a Comment