Sunday 31 March 2013

Reus not star struck

           
  The 23-year-old has not looked out of place on the pitch - even against Europe's elite.It's important to have somebody on the pitch who has the same ideas as you. And Mario has that. It's great fun to play alongside him.When I walked out onto the pitch for my first Champions League match and heard the anthem playing, it was a dream come true," he told the competition's website.Reus added: "It helped that I already knew some of the players from training and playing with the national team and I lived in Dortmund for many years.As a child I would sit in front of the TV on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings watching Champions League games and now I'm part of it.I played for the Dortmund youth team, so it was never a question for me whether I would fit in or not. I was just looking forward to the next adventure. I hope I continue to develop.Reus has looked so at home in Dortmund colours he recently earned praise from Germany legend Franz Beckenbauer for his link-up play with team-mate Mario Gotze.Dortmund travel to Spain for Wednesday's first leg against Malaga with the return leg in Germany set for April 9th.I don't have to say much about Mario. He is still a young player but he is so strong already. He is a very intelligent player and he seems to know where I will run in many situations, he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment