Friday 29 March 2013

Liverpool manager Gerard Houllier

       
   Owen played for Liverpool, Manchester United, Real Madrid and Newcastle United and scored 40 goals for his country from 89 appearances before opting to retire after making only one start for Stoke City this season.The former England international forward has received messages of support from across the world of football in what he described as “an emotional day” after bringing down the curtain on a glittering career.The Football Association is already planning to hold talks with Owen over a potential ambassadorial role, while it is understood that he will pursue a career in the media.Having progressed through the ranks at Liverpool to make my first-team debut at 17, before embarking upon spells at Real Madrid, Newcastle United, Manchester United and Stoke City, not to mention representing my country on 89 occasions, I now feel it is the right time to bring the curtain down on my career. Owen released the news on his website and said: “It is with an immense amount of pride that I am announcing my intention to retire.

No comments:

Post a Comment